Chosen Home Ltd take the safety and care of our staff and clients extremely seriously and due to the current landscape regarding Covid-19 (coronavirus) have changed the way we conduct our day to day duties. The following policies are to be used as a guide and are subject to change at any time following government guidelines as we navigate through these exceptional times.
- Chosen Home Ltd will take all necessary steps to protect you and ourselves throughout the market appraisal process.
- We will take as much information as possible from you whilst arranging the visit so that we can carry out full research on your home before we arrive so as to save time when we are with you.
- While in your home, our agent will (where possible) keep a minimum of 2 metres away from you and will wear a face masks at all times. They always carry hand sanitiser with them and will wash their hands regularly throughout the day.
- Where possible, you should air the property before we arrive and keep any internal doors open to avoid unnecessarily touching door handles.
- Any paperwork that needs to be signed will be explained and then be put in an area for you to sign with the agent stood back.
- If you or anyone in your household is self-isolating or is in a high-risk group, we are able to offer a ‘Virtual Appraisal’. For this, we would ask you to be available to use either ‘Zoom’ ‘WhatsApp Video Call’ or ‘Facetime Video Call’ so that we can see live pictures from inside your home. Please ask us for further information if required.
- If you have an appraisal booked and anyone in your household is showing symptoms, you should notify us immediately. Your appointment will then be re-arranged or we will offer you a virtual appointment instead.
- Viewings will only take place with buyers who are genuinely interested in the property so please do not be offended if we ask you more questions than normal.
- An effort has been made to provide as much information as possible online including professional photography, floorplans and a 3D walkthrough powered by Matterport.
- When conducting physical viewings, they will be done by appointment only and only viewers from the same household will be allowed in at any one time.
- Sellers should open all windows and doors prior to the viewing taking place to air the property and to open all doors prior to the viewers arriving so as to avoid having to touch door handles.
- Where our agent is conducting the viewing, they will wear a face mask and will sanitize their hands in advance of the viewing.
- All viewers should sanitize their hands prior to entering the property and wear a face covering at all times.
- Once inside, we ask that viewers remember the social distance guidelines and do not touch anything when inside the property.
- When the viewing has finished, the seller should ensure surfaces such as door handles are cleaned.
All offers should be made to the agent by telephone or email. All ID checks will be made via video call where we have not met the buyer and electronic ID checks will be carried out as normal.
All key handovers will be done contact free where possible. The arrangements will be discussed in full prior to completion day.